The City of Fairborn's Information Technology Division's mission is to provide the highest quality technical and communication services through effective utilization of existing and emerging technologies, and fiscal responsibility that will enhance staff productivity to serve the citizens of Fairborn.
There are two basic areas of the division: CATV (cable television) and IT functions, including telephone.
Functions of CATV
- Assist City Departments, Citizen Boards and Committees with special media needs.
- Manage Fairborn's Government Access Channel 5.
- Monitor cable television legal statutes.
- Record and replay City Council and Planning Board Meetings.
- Write, produce, direct, videotape (film), and edit special television programs.
Functions of Information Technology
- Administer Internet connectivity including email and wireless technologies.
- Define and implement IT policies, procedures, best practices and standards.
- Develop long range IT plans to serve all City Departments in a coordinated effort.
- Establish cost effective standards for hardware and software purchases.
- Plan, coordinate, direct, design, and maintain City-Wide networks.
- Plan, develop, and maintain City's World Wide Web Site. (Content from Public Relations in City Manger's Office)
- Plan, install, configure, modify, upgrade, maintain, and repair computer hardware and software, including servers and PCs.
- Plan, install, modify, upgrade, maintain, and repair telephone and data cabling plant, internal and external to the City.
- Plan, review, and implement the telecommunications requirements for the City.
- Provide 24/7 On-call support service for the 911 emergency response system.