Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities with the City of Fairborn. The City only accepts employment applications online when positions are posted. Individuals interested in specific employment opportunities can go into "Employment Opportunities" and if there isn't a posting that fits your qualifications, please go to "Job Interest Cards" at the left to complete the information requested. A notification via email will be sent should a position of interest become available.
Application ProcessThe City of Fairborn no longer accepts paper applications.
In order to apply, please click on the green "Employment Opportunities" button below, select your position, and click on the green "Apply Button" in the upper right-hand corner of the page. Create or sign-in to your user profile and follow the application prompts. Please save your work.
To view positions, please click the green button below. From time to time, positions and descriptions may appear on this page. These positions, in particular, have special requirements and must be visible on the page. The majority of positions that are open will be visible by following the Employment Opportunities link below.
- Administer and coordinate discipline and grievance procedures.
- Coordinate and provide training for City employees, especially supervisors.
- Coordinate employee benefits such as health insurance, life insurance, Workers' Compensation, sick leave, vacation, holidays, and other pertinent fringe benefits.
- Develop, review, and revise Personnel Rules and Regulations as needed.
- Process all personnel actions such as promotions, merit increases, and performance appraisals.
- Provide support services for union negotiations.
- Publish bimonthly employee newsletter and send out other necessary employee communications.
- Recruitment and testing for all position vacancies.
To provide assistance to both supervisors and employees in developing a work environment to enhance job satisfaction and the quality of services provided by hiring and maintaining the best possible people, and to process all personnel services in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.