- To provide the quickest response at the appropriate level to all calls for assistance;
- To respond with sufficient force and necessary resources to calls requiring our intervention;
- To insure the highest level of safety to members of our organization and the public we serve,
- To provide the best trained and well-equipped professional workforce possible;
- To provide our customers with a comprehensive life-safety program consisting of fire prevention, code enforcement, public education and injury prevention programs;
- To safeguard the public trust by a faithful commitment to customer service, and to spend wisely the public funds entrusted to us;
- To provide the means whereby persons with whom we interact may communicate their needs and concerns.
View archived Annual Report documents published by the Fairborn Fire Department.
Hyper-Reach is an ideal way to communicate with the community in both emergency and non-emergency situations. Find out how to sign up for this service.
View some information on being prepared for and responding to emergency situations.
View a listing of Fairborn Fire Department's stations and where to find them.
The Fairborn Fire Department has implemented a telephone check-in program, Operation Safety Net, to keep in touch with seniors who live alone.
If you are interested in participating in the Fairborn Fire Department's Ride-Along Program, please reserve your time and fill out our online registration form.
Learn about the importance of having a smoke and carbon monoxide detector in your home, and how the Fairborn Fire Department can help make that happen.