Vendors will be selected on a competitive basis. Bids, quotations and proposals will be solicited by newspaper advertising, direct mail request to prospective suppliers and by telephone. Contracts will be awarded to the lowest and best responsible bidder. All bids may be rejected if it is in the city's best interest to do so. In determining "lowest and best responsible bidder" in addition to price, the following will be considered:
- The ability of the bidder to provide future maintenance and service for the use of the subject of the contract.
- The ability, capacity and skill of the bidder to perform the contract or provide the service required.
- The character, integrity, reputation, judgment, experience, and efficiency of the bidder.
- The number and scope of conditions attached to the bid.
- The previous and existing compliance by the bidder with laws and ordinances relating to the contract or service.
- The quality of performance of previous contracts or services.
- The quality, availability and adaptability of the supplier, or contractual services to the particular use required.
- The sufficiency of the financial resources and ability of the bidder to perform the contract or provide the service.
- Whether the bidder can perform the contract or provide the service promptly, or within the time specified, without delay or interference.